The Academy of Earth and Space Science (PANTHER) is committed to exposing our students to opportunities and pathways for higher education and careers in Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields, the fastest growing segment of the global economy (see infographic & videos below). Our school hosts several talks by STEM professionals throughout the school year and a STEM Career day where students have an opportunity to sit and discuss what it takes to become a STEM professional and what life is like working in a STEM related field.
What STEM Career Path best suits your interests? Find out here!
- Annual field experiences for each grade level related to STEM with a focus on our school’s theme of Earth and Space Science.
- Three annual student-driven academic research seminar days focused on Space Sciences, STEM and Earth Sciences.
- Multiple career exploration days where students meet with a person engaged in a STEM related career.
- Participation in multiple STEM competitions such as Robotics, Hour of Code, School and District Science Fair, Google Science Fair, AMTNJ Math Olympiad and App Design Contests among others.
- Multiple student visits to STEM focused colleges and universities such as MIT, NJIT, Lincoln Tech and Rutgers University among others.